keskiviikko 8. maaliskuuta 2023

Next Saturday is My Birthday, and I Like to Give You a Gift

 

Next Saturday (March 11) is my birthday. That’s why I want to give you something to thank you for visiting my site. At least some of you have wondered how I make my kaleidoscopes. Therefore, I will reveal it to you one way. First, there must be a drawing, the raw print I always make manually. After that, edit the drawing in Gimp, a free image editing program. Still, it is possible to create good kaleidoscopes even from a picture drawn with a pen.

Below is a drawing of the starting point this time. I have added different layers to the bottom part in Gimp.


 Then I started running ornaments from the drawing using the G’Mic add-on available for Gimp. On the GIF presentation, you can browse some of the examples.


 

Here is a YouTube video on G’Mic to Gimp

This is the path how you’ll find the Kaleidoscope tool:
Filter-menu (or whatever menu where you G’Mic is)/G’Mic-QT/Deformations/Kaleidoscope

Note that the add-on doesn’t work before you open the picture file.


 

 

Help Yourself Is the Best Policy to Learn

I am sure you will understand that I cannot give everyone a piece of personal advice. If you are interested in manipulating pictures, you must be very patient and learn things at your own pace.

Please let me know which of the examples most pleases you. When I know your favorite one, I will upload it here so you can download it yourself. You are free to use my drawing and test what kind of ornaments you get with the help of the G’Mic add-on.

If You Want to Give Me a Present

Please watch the video below if you want to give me a present. I am singing my first recorded song with accompanying myself with the guitar.


 

Experienced in these years

Listen to: http://youtu.be/aZrRBb7rAlg14

Too much, I have experienced in these years,
Too many are those who owe me tears.
I remember that gray platform
Where the rain carried a friend.

Refrain:

Then do not bloom
My dear apple trees,
Neither anyone whispered in my ear:
Darling, do not forget me.

Never I have been afraid
Yet on this trip until tomorrow.
Little boy has avoided the dangers
side by side the kind woman reflection.

The refrain

I know mothers weeping eyelids
Do not explain the words out loud,
They just give their love for guidance
and prayers for protection.

The final two times:

Now bloom my dear
Sacred apple trees.
They have the heavenly scent,
The fragrance that never go away.

Music and Lyrics by Ilkka Pakarinen 1982,
record out in 1983.


You can make my day by sending the URL of this song to your friends or listening to my music on YouTube because Youtube doesn’t count when someone watches the linked video.

The URL http://youtu.be/aZrRBb7rAlg14

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti