tiistai 1. elokuuta 2023

An Evil Apple

 

I go to the forest and talk to the trees in the woods.

They answer me with the mouths of birds.

Birches and pines are worried,

For the spirit of the forest dwells in them.

They tell me,

When a tree falls, the soul shrinks,

Until it is too weak to survive.

I answer that I feel great shame,

Because when the spirit of the forest dies

Every living creature dies

Not only people.

 


 

                                                                             I start to cry

A sparrow lands on my shoulder

And says:

I am singing as long as I breathe.

I answer that's what you do:

You comfort us faithless,

Though we don't know

Other tunes than our praise,

Which is other creatures' submission.

 

When I leave the animals,

They ask if I'm coming back.

I answer that I have not earned their love.

Don't worry because we are blessed.

We are God's joy, love, goodness, and light.

I thank them and think:

This course of events must happen.

When an evil apple ruins the world.

© Yelling Rosa

2023-08-01

 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti