tiistai 23. lokakuuta 2018

Angel Has Come to the Door - Angelus ad ianuam venit

Beautiful are the flowers in the vase
Smiling to me from the table desk.
Through the windows comes
The sweet song of birds.
With the eyes closed
I feel the heaven.
Angel has come
to the door.
© Yelling Rosa
19/10 –18

I have got help from Julian Morgan, the Yorkshire Author, to make the Latin verse right. Julian has studied and taught Latin for many years, most recently at the European School of Karlsruhe in Germany.

Julian is the author of various Latin and Greek puzzle books, as well as the Imperium Latin Course, which can be downloaded free of charge from this link: www.imperiumlatin.com

Angelus ad ianuam venit

Flores pulchri in vase sunt
et vas super mensa est.
Per fenestram aves parvae
carmen dulcem cantant.
Oculos quiete clausis
caelum tranquillum sentio.
Angelus ad ianuam venit.
© Yelling Rosa
19/10 – 18

I got a little help from a couple of my Italian WordPress friends with the Italian verse. Its feeling and touch come close to Latin one. I tried to put the verb at the end of the line, but my friends pointed me in the right direction. It is always a matter of aesthetical taste how much dialect can be worked up. I dropped out ‘Vi sono’ from the beginning of the first line and 4th line is not a perfectly orthodox Italian, but kindly disposed to me.

L’angelo è venuto al cancello

Fiori bellissimi in un vaso
e il vaso è sul tavolo.
Attraverso la finestra arriva
una canzone dolce di uccellini.
Quando chiudo gli occhi,
sento la tranquillità del paradiso.
L’angelo è venuto al cancello.
© Yelling Rosa
19/10 –18

If you like to read this poem in Finnish, you’ll find it at: https://yrosa.wordpress.com/2018/10/21/enkeli-tullut-portille-on/

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti